ECN 204 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Nominal Rigidity, Demand Shock, Indian Railways

44 views2 pages

Document Summary

Macroeconomics (me): studies the behaviour of the economy as a whole. Concerned with 2 topics: (i) long-run economic growth (ii) short-run fluctuations in output and employment (referred to as the business cycle) Recession: negative growth; decline in output and living standards. Me analyzes real gdp, unemployment and inflation to assess health/development of an economy. Real gdp (gross domestic product): measure value of final goods and services produced within the borders of a country during a specific time period, typically a year. Unemployment: state a person is in if he or she cannot get a job despite being willing to work/actively seeking work. Unemployment = undesirable (waste of skill/labour that could be used to produce goods/services) Inflation: increase in the overall level of prices (can lead to decrease in standard of living) *monetary policy: government policy tools such as manipulating interest rates. *fiscal policy: policy tools such as making changes to tax rates or government spending.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers