Chapter 8 Review Questions
1. What step can you take when you install a DCHP server to ensure that IP addresses are only assigned by a
DHCP server managed by a server administrator in your company?
Answer: c. Authorize the server.
2. What is DHCPv6?
Answer: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) is for networks that use IPv6.
3. Your company has Microsoft Windows Server 2008 servers functioning as DCs. The IT department is
debating whether to use Microsoft DNS or a free open source version of DNS that one of the system
programmers likes. What are some reasons for using Microsoft DNS? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: c. Microsoft DNS is fully compatible with Active Directory. and d. Microsoft DNS can be
replicated throughActive Directory.
4. Your colleague at another company has installed DNS, but it is not mapping computer names to IP
addresses. Which of the following might be the problem? (Choose all that apply.)
Answer: a. DNS lookup zone records are not set up to update automatically and your colleague has not
manually created any records.
5. Your company is located inAtlanta and has a branch location consisting of 35 employees in Greenville,
South Carolina. The decision has been made to install a DNS server at the branch location. Which type of
DNS server do you recommend installing at the branch location?
Answer: d. a secondary DNS server
6. On a DNS server the _____ record maps a computer name to an IPv4 address.
Answer: host address (A) resource record
7. You work for an environmental consulting company in which most employees work in the field and then
come back to the office for a day at a time. Consequently, the company only purchases laptop computers
for its employees to accommodate their travel. When you set up the lease duration in DHCP, which of the
following should you use?
Answer: a. 24 hours
8. An IPv6 address contains _____ bits and has fields that are _____bits long.
Answer: 128; 16
9. You work for a nonprofit organization that still uses many Windows 98 workstations because it doesn’t
have the budget to upgrade computer equipment. However, the organization did receive a donation to
sponsor the purchase of a new Windows Server 2008 server. What naming service should you configure to
register computer names and IP addresses on the network?
Answer: b. WINS
10. What tool is used to configure a DHCP scope?
Answer: c. DHCP tool
11. You are setting up a scope of addresses on a DHCP server between 220.127.116.11 through 18.104.22.168.
However, you don’t want to have addresses 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 in the range of addresses to
assign because these addresses are currently used for Web servers. Which of the following is the best
Answer: c. Use the ability to exclude specific IP addresses when you set up the scope.
12. Which of the following are