LAW 534 Chapter Notes - Chapter 2: Correlation Does Not Imply Causation, Consumer Protection, Commercial Motor

29 views16 pages
15 Oct 2017
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Chapter 2- evolution and classification of offences (pg. 2-1 to 2-2. 9) Deals with the evolution of various mechanisms to enforce those regulations. Introduction: chapter 2 can be roughly divided into two main sections, different ways of thinking about regulation, timing of how issue is addressed (ex ante vs. ex post) One deals with an issue before the fact or after the fact: level of specificity of how regulation is worded (rules vs. principles) Better understand how laws in your industry apply; develop a better vocabulary to describe a law or proposed law; can use this yourself as a manager in a non-legislative setting when setting up any system of governance; etc. Ex ante regulation: imposing prior restrain by way of prior licensing regime (before the fact) E(cid:454)a(cid:373)ple; d(cid:396)i(cid:448)e(cid:396)"s li(cid:272)e(cid:374)se; (cid:455)ou (cid:272)a(cid:374)(cid:374)ot d(cid:396)i(cid:448)e a (cid:272)a(cid:396) (cid:271)efo(cid:396)e ha(cid:448)i(cid:374)g a li(cid:272)e(cid:374)se. Not going to let people behind the wheel, that have not proven to us that they are able to drive a car.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers