LIR 100 Chapter Notes - Chapter Checkup: Benjamin Lee Whorf, Edward Sapir, Walter De Gruyter

172 views4 pages

Document Summary

Worldview, our personal philosophy of life, determined essentially by a culture"s history. Summary: and religious and ideological beliefs, is a strong determinant in how we act and, in particular, how we define reality. Likewise, one can broaden their worldview, and become more accepting and self-aware, by experiencing and submerging themselves in other cultures. I found this text highly immersive as i was learning copious amounts about spiritual and religious traditions, and it fascinated me to discover just how embedded religion can be in some countries" cultures like india with hinduism. Furthermore, i was quite surprised to learn that. Buddhism has no god or gods in its religion and in fact rejects the notion of such supernatural beings. It intrigued me to learn that their philosophy concerns the avoidance of suffering by way of living a life filled with kindness, equality, harmony, and mercy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers