PSY 105 Chapter Notes - Chapter 6: Rosalie Rayner, Albert Bandura, Little Albert Experiment

45 views7 pages

Document Summary

What is learning: definition : modification (or change), that is relatively permanent, in behaviours of a learner. Biological or genetic automatic behaviour: eating, maturation, : temporary state: drugs, fatigue. Habituation: gradual reduction in responding to an event that repeats itself but that is not important to the organism, the simplest form of learning, the aplysia and nematode are able to habituate. John b. watson, father of modern behaviourism : Psychology as the behaviorist views it is a purely objective experimental branch of natural science. Its theoretical goal is the prediction and control of behavior. Introspection forms no essential part of its methods, nor is the scientific value of its data dependent upon the readiness with which they lend themselves to interpretation in terms of consciousness. www. notesolution. com. I am going beyond my facts and i admit it, but so have the advocates of the contrary and they have been doing it for many thousands of years.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers