BISC 102 Chapter Notes - Chapter 13: Pea, Blending Inheritance, Theodor Boveri

109 views7 pages

Document Summary

Chromosome theory of heritance explained how genetic information is transmitted from one generation to the next. Theory contends that the meiosis causes the patterns of inheritance that. Mendel observed it asserts that the hereditary factors called genes are located on chromosomes. Heredity meaning inheritance, or the transmission of traits from the parent to offspring. Trait is any characteristic of an individual, ranging from overall height to the primary structure of a particular membrane protein. Two hypotheses had been formulated to answer this: Blending inheritance claimed that the traits observed in a mother and father blend together to form the traits observed in thei(cid:396) off sp(cid:396)i(cid:374)g. as a (cid:396)esult, a(cid:374) offsp(cid:396)i(cid:374)g"s t(cid:396)aits a(cid:396)e i(cid:374)te(cid:396)(cid:373)ediate between the mother"s a(cid:374)d fathe(cid:396)"s t(cid:396)aits. Inheritance of acquired characters claimed that traits present in parents are modified, through use, and passed on to their offspring in the modified form. Garden peas served as the first model organism in genetics.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers