BPK 110 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Acetyl-Coa, Citric Acid Cycle, Pyruvic Acid
1) The complete catabolism of glucose results in the generation of ___________ ATP.
2) The presence of _____________________ is a determinant factor on whether pyruvate continues its metabolism into the Krebs cycle.
3) As humans we breath in air that contains oxygen and breath out carbon dioxide . The oxygen we consume it is used in the metabolism of glucose in the ________________________.
electron transport chain as an acceptor of electrons
citric acid cycle
4.conversion of pyruvate to acetyl-CoA
4) A glucose molecule can generate energy, but only if sufficient amount of energy is invested to initiate the chemical reactions that are involved in the catabolism of the glucose molecule.
5) The ___________________ of glycogen from individual/separate molecults of glucose is an ___________________ reaction.
Nutritional sciences/ Metabolism pathway question:
Glucose, Lipid, and overall energy metabolism is controlled bythe anabolic hormone insulin and the catabolic hormone glucagon (aswell as epinephrine). Please use your own word to explain theeffect of pancreatic insulin secretion on hepatic and adipose lipidmetabolism. Your answer should include a discussion of relatedmetabolic pathways and provide specific details explaining howinsulin coordinates glucose and lipid metabolism.