BUS 481 Chapter Notes - Chapter 10: Organizational Culture, Strategic Thinking, Guanxi

215 views4 pages

Document Summary

Develop employee autonomy by modelling the behaviour: employees are young and more accepting to the culture wong has tried to create, chinese managers made poor decisions but wong thinks it is part of learning curve. Provide train to the employees without worrying about the lost in productivity. Productivity surpass 1st year goals and approaching that of the gary plant. Employee resistance: not all employees in management are willing to change mindset and be more autonomous, ex. When wong is away, the acting gm, alison deng will not commit to impt decisions. Ra(cid:374)k the(cid:373) i(cid:374) order of i(cid:373)porta(cid:374)(cid:272)e. whi(cid:272)h are the critical ones: oversee plant operations, relationship building, i(cid:374)tera(cid:272)t (cid:449)eekly (cid:449)ith jv part(cid:374)er a(cid:374)d go(cid:448)"t offi(cid:272)ials, frequent interactions with wuhan municipality vice mayors for foreign trade and. Financial concerns (foreign exchange procedures and payments for suppliers) Co-ordinate activities btwn chinese and americans engineers. Develop management team (training, team building and personal communication) Build organizational culture (integrate chinese and american values)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers