BUS 2090 (48)
Chapter 1

Chapter 1 Bus 2090 Notes.docx

3 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Guelph
BUS 2090
Sarah Murray

Chapter 1 Bus 2090 Notes 1. I believe they do since they are effective so why wouldn’t they use identical traits? 2. Not true or unions and also communism wouldn’t exist. 3. Not always true but smart managers do so they know how to effectively run their employees 4. Not true because many people are different and have different opinions on the subject and also delusions exist. 5. Not true because not all employees have the same values though that is common. 6. Different strategies are employed in the workforce so who could actually know all the secrets in the business world. 7. Also many people enjoy a great challenge. 8. Managers are not always the smartest people and common sense is hard to grasp for some. 9. Many people keep regular tracks of absences and such. 10. Payment is an excellent motivator as money runs everything now in these economic times. You be the manager 1 1. I think the most relevant aspects would be the rescue of individuals and also the treatment of the first response employees since their hours would be ridiculous since they would be on call all the time. He would have to consider all of that while making the company relevant and more well-known so the government would offer more subsidiaries. 2. I think he should improve more productivity while bringing more money in by subsidiaries and also have an ad company circulate ads to bring in more recognition. The Manager’s Notebook 1 Discussion Questions Chapter 1 1. My goals are to become an effective manager in all aspects of my life and hopefully effectively through my work career. 2. Economic resources are a factor since employees from a less than normal income home have a higher chance of having higher absences. Also workers who consistently slack of and do the bare minimum amount of work have a higher chance of being absent. I personally provide notes of absence from a medical professional or send notes to my superiors for days of absence since it all is a dependability issue and I keep that high in my list of priorities. 3. Both an effective way of tracking work schedules and absences like a shift sheet or a comprehensive system and disciplinary action program set up since it is all intertwined. Also check dependability in job interviews. 4. I personally think managers should be around for training and also all day to day activities that are relevant to customer service and employee contentment since they are all intertwined to customer service which is the ultimate goal. 5. All your employees have different views and beliefs that have to be incorporated or at least recognized since they are vital to employability and also employee satisfaction which is ultimately tied to the work effectiveness. Also customer service is directly related to this since the happiness of the employees will ultimately affect their decision making with regards of customer service. 6. Well for contingency approach of management I would say a union style job would be useful for this approach since not all of the employees will want to do any type of work but the bare minimum so we could use this as an example as the manager would have to adapt his leadership to fit this situation. Human relations would be way more effective in a workplace that was always
More Less

Related notes for BUS 2090

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.