PSYC 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 35: Sympathetic Nervous System, Autonomic Nervous System, Frontal Lobe

36 views9 pages

Document Summary

Cognition and emotion kidnapping?) and feelings (panic, fear, joy) Emotions are a mix of bodily arousal (heart pounding); expressive behaviors (quickened pace); and conscious experience, including thoughts (cid:523)(cid:498)is this a. Emotion: a response of the whole organism, involving (1) physiological arousal, (2) expressive behaviors, and (3) conscious experience. Psychologists try to figure out how these three pieces fit together. To do so, answers for two big questions are needed: a chicken-and-egg debate: does your bodily arousal come before or after your emotional feelings? (ex. Did i think about a kidnapping threat before i reacted emotionally?) Historical emotion theories, as well as current research, have sought to answer these questions. James" idea was also proposed by danish physiologist carl lange, My feeling of fear followed my body"s response and so this is why the theory is called the james-lange theory: ex.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers