Psychology 2060 Chapter 1: Chapter 1 Notes This is for Psych 2060, taken online, for the Muchinsky 9th Ed. textbook. These are very detailed and easy to understand notes on Chapter 1 that I made myself. Headings and bullets make it easy to read, and I assure you there is enough

89 views6 pages

Document Summary

Chapter 1 the historical background of i/o psychology. Psychology: the scientific study of thinking and behaviour some psychology is biological in nature while others are more social in nature. Society for industrial and organizational psychology (siop): professional organization that represents i/o psychologists in the us, it is division 14 of the apa. Many more women entering field of i/o psychology. Practice and science of the discipline have been influenced by the prevailing political, cultural, and economic forces operating at the time. 4% of psychologists work in i/o area. I/o psychology strives to enhance the welfare of the institution and the individual. I/o psychology: an area of scientific study and professional practice that addresses psychological concepts and principles in the work world. 2 sides of i/o psychology: scientific inquiry. Advancing knowledge about people at work form results of studies into meaningful patterns that can explain behaviour: professional practice. Application of knowledge to solve real world problems.