What is I/O Psychology?
– branch of psychology that applies the principles of psychology to the workplace.
– Industrial-organizational psychologists are able to apply psychological theories to explain and
enhance the effectiveness of human behaviour in the workplace
– I/O psychologists advance the science and knowledge of human behaviour
Two Fields of I/O Psychology:
i. Personnel Psychology
– selecting people, evaluating people, training people
ii. Organizational Psychology
– closer to social psychology
– group dynamics, how people combine in work groups, how to get the best out of people when