BIOL 2020 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3.7: Alanine Transaminase, Biliary Tract, Aspartate Transaminase

8 views3 pages

Document Summary

Routine clinical biochemistry tests and liver disorders: for the course, we are not going to empathize pharmacotherapy, right, now there is no specific pharmacology course in the curriculum. All the aspects of pharmacology are integrated within pharmacotherapy module. Today, we are going to look at liver disorders, in the context of clinical biochemistry. I want to present the clinical significance of blood and urine tests, and groupings of these tests in the contexts of liver disorders. I want you to understand why the tests are ordered, and to be able to interpret them. At the same time, i am going to explain how pathological processes can alter biochemical profiles. This provides the opportunity to review a spectrum of liver disorders. And given a lab-test profile, we infer information about the underlying disorder. And this is the orientation of the exam questions. Bilirubin- is a break-down product of heme.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers