EDKP 292 Lecture Notes - Lecture 55: Dietary Fiber, Stomach, Small Intestine

111 views57 pages

Document Summary

The dietary characteristic of providing all of the essential nutrients, fiber & energy in sufficient amounts to maintain health & body weight. Individual assessment is a vital component of nutritional care. May include: health & diet history, anthropometric measurements, laboratory test data. (a, b, c, d) Data is i(cid:374)te(cid:396)p(cid:396)eted (cid:396)e: (cid:272)u(cid:396)(cid:396)e(cid:374)t sta(cid:374)da(cid:396)ds fo(cid:396) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s age, ge(cid:374)de(cid:396), life stage, et(cid:272). Clinical reasoning (clinical decision making, clinical problem solving, clinical judgment) Nutrient recommendations used as standards for (cid:373)easu(cid:396)i(cid:374)g health(cid:455) people"s e(cid:374)e(cid:396)g(cid:455) & (cid:374)ut(cid:396)ie(cid:374)t intakes. The dri committee has set recommended intakes for: I-ntended to be used as nutrient goals in planning nutritious diets for individuals. Upper intake level of safety for a nutrient. Safe upper limits for nutrients added to our food. > under the stress of serious illness or malnutrition, a person may require a much higher or lower intake of certain nutrients. Not for the restoration of health or repletion of nutrients in those with deficiencies.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers