MHR 405 Lecture 2: MHR405 LECTURE 2 NOTES

129 views6 pages

Document Summary

Motivation, role perceptions, and misguided personal values explain the alleged bribery, money laundering, and other illegal activities by several snc-lavalin executives and employees. Employee motivation is the i(cid:374)ter(cid:374)al for(cid:272)es that affe(cid:272)t a perso(cid:374)"s (cid:448)olu(cid:374)tar(cid:455) (cid:272)hoi(cid:272)e of (cid:271)eha(cid:448)ior: direction. Employee ability is the aptitudes and learned capabilities required to successfully complete a task: person job matching, selecting applicants, developing employees, redesigning jobs. Role perceptions is the understanding of the job duties expected of us. Clearer role perceptions (role clarity) when we: understand our tasks or accountable consequences, understand tasks/performance priorities, understand the preferred behaviours/procedures, benefits of clear role perceptions: more accurate/efficient job performance, better coordination with others, higher motivation. Situational factors are enviromental conditions (cid:271)e(cid:455)o(cid:374)d the i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s short-term control that constrain or facilitate behaviour: constraints: time, budget, facilities, etc, cues: e. g. signs of nearby hazards. Task performance are goal directed behaviours under the i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s (cid:272)o(cid:374)trol that support organizational objectives: working with people, date, things and ideas, performance = proficiency, adaptability, proactivity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers