AFM280 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Transformational Leadership

45 views1 pages
Reflection 7 Leadership
During my group meeting experiences with my 280-case group, we constantly showcased
transformational leadership behavior among each other to accomplish our tasks in an efficient and
timely manner. It is nice to work in a group where we are constantly motivated to help each other out
and supported areas that others lack knowledge in. For each case, we rotated to have a chance to lead
the ase ad set out the stutue fo othe ees to oe i ad fill it up aodig to the leade’s
vision. For the case that I led, I listed out the suggestions before our meeting and picked a
recommendation with everyone at the beginning of the meeting. This set out the shared vision for the
rest of the meeting and it allowed my fellow group members to know which direction to tackle. I did not
have to stress the importance of the parts because my members all took it very seriously.
As for the intellectual stimulation aspect of being a transformational leader, I did not have to
challenge my members because they would always come in with ideas that are fresh and logical for us
to implement. We all know that maintaining the status quo is not sufficient and thus after developing a
fundamental plan, we would take turns to add additional information and cut out the insignificant
portions of our analysis to retain only the valuables.
I developed idealized influence throughout working with them this term. During our meetings,
aside from analyzing their options and ideas thoughtfully, I would also throw in cheerful remarks and
jokes on the side to make the meetings more enjoyable to attend. I try to display my charisma and be
soeoe that othes ould ejoy okig ith. Whe e took tus to ase the pofesso’s uestio
in class, we always believed in each other and were happy to be in the same group.
To demonstrate inspirational motivation, I would read through their parts afterward, point out
all the pros first and give constructive feedback for areas that need more improvements. I would always
let them know that they are all competent individuals that are able to achieve great results for the effort
that they put in. The process of giving constructive feedback ties to having individualized consideration
for one another. We would always learn something new from listening to othe ees’ pespeties
and intake the positive knowledge to nurture our own personal growth.
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

During my group meeting experiences with my 280-case group, we constantly showcased transformational leadership behavior among each other to accomplish our tasks in an efficient and timely manner. It is nice to work in a group where we are constantly motivated to help each other out and supported areas that others lack knowledge in. For each case, we rotated to have a chance to lead the (cid:272)ase a(cid:374)d set out the st(cid:396)u(cid:272)tu(cid:396)e fo(cid:396) othe(cid:396) (cid:373)e(cid:373)(cid:271)e(cid:396)s to (cid:272)o(cid:373)e i(cid:374) a(cid:374)d fill it up a(cid:272)(cid:272)o(cid:396)di(cid:374)g to the leade(cid:396)"s vision. For the case that i led, i listed out the suggestions before our meeting and picked a recommendation with everyone at the beginning of the meeting. This set out the shared vision for the rest of the meeting and it allowed my fellow group members to know which direction to tackle. I did not have to stress the importance of the parts because my members all took it very seriously.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers