- 4 Gospels in the New Testament. 3 of them are synoptic (synopsis/summary). By
Matthew, Luke, Mark and John. Mostly talk about Jesus.
- Gospels tell us about the ideology of early communities.
- Rome was very intolerant towards Christians, but Constantine and Odysseus helped
out and Rome decided to sponsor Christianity as their main religion.
- Mosaic is the “composite portrait of Jesus.
- Starts off as a Jewish Sect/Apocalyptic, thinking everything is going to fall of the
- Christianity allows anyone to join, like Islam and Buddhists.
- Christian readings don’t speak about saving the people from someone else (as Jews
wanted to be saved