PSYC 3140 Lecture 10: PSYC3140 LAST LECTURE

4 Pages

Department
Psychology
Course Code
PSYC 3140
Professor
Jennifer Lewin

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 4 pages of the document.
CLUSTER B: HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY !
-PD: dramatic, emotionally shallow, vein,!
-if u take attention away from there, they’ll do whatever to bring the attention back!
-whether its good or bad!
-sex-typed alternative: perhaps the tool we use are biased !
-psychogdynamic: don't receive warmth form parents. they feel unloved, and feeling helpless ,
isolated, and not being understood. reaction to this : always having attention drawn to them!
narc vs histrionic !
-self-involved and lack of empathy!
-they want attention but only good
NARC!
-strong sense of entitlement !
-preoccupied with receiving attention!
-if someone criticizes them, they’re really hurt (sensitive) and have little empathy with others!
-break up? yeah whatever!
-they’ll attack you and externalize it in order to deal with criticism !
-arrogant and envious !
-talking about principles !
-their image is their main goal !
-surround themselves with people that will build them up!
!
Failure to receive empathic mirroring !
-u come home and say i won the science fair. i was number 1. so you respond with excitement
and say thats amazing. you must be so proud.!
-versus: i won! and get response of oh yeah back when i was in high-school i won too. a lot of
other things than science. btw dinner is al most ready, i need u to get ready. !
!
more of a conscious versus antisocial !
Openness to experience
Conscientious
Extroversion
Agreeableness
Neurotism
!
!
ANTISOCIAL VS NARC both low on agreeableness which is the only common thing !
!
CLUSTER C: AVOIDANT PD!
-avoid social interactions!
-sensitivity to others opinions !
-avoidant of interpersonal relationships !
-similar to social phobia. !
-they long the connections but the fear of rejection is severe so they avoid interactions. they
expect it to go badly and be judged. whereas schizo don't give a single fuck!
!
develops:!

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
CLUSTER B: HISTRIONIC PERSONALITY PD: dramatic, emotionally shallow, vein, if u take attention away from there, theyll do whatever to bring the attention back whether its good or bad sextyped alternative: perhaps the tool we use are biased psychogdynamic: dont receive warmth form parents. they feel unloved, and feeling helpless , isolated, and not being understood. reaction to this : always having attention drawn to them narc vs histrionic selfinvolved and lack of empathy they want attention but only good NARC strong sense of entitlement preoccupied with receiving attention if someone criticizes them, theyre really hurt (sensitive) and have little empathy with others break up? yeah whatever theyll attack you and externalize it in order to deal with criticism arrogant and envious talking about principles their image is their main goal surround themselves with people that will build them up Failure to receive empathic mirroring u come home and say i won the science fair. i was number 1. so you respond with excitement and say thats amazing. you must be so proud. versus: i won! and get response of oh yeah back when i was in highschool i won too. a lot of other things than science. btw dinner is al most ready, i need u to get ready. more of a conscious versus antisocial Openness to experience Conscientious Extroversion Agreeableness Neurotism ANTISOCIAL VS NARC both low on agreeableness which is the only common thing CLUSTER C: AVOIDANT PD avoid social interactions sensitivity to others opinions avoidant of interpersonal relationships similar to social phobia. they long the connections but the fear of rejection is severe so they avoid interactions. they expect it to go badly and be judged. whereas schizo dont give a single fuck develops:
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit