Fashion
Course
FSN 232
Professor
Joanne Mc Neish
Semester
Winter

Description
Faulhaber Communications Christine Faulhaber Discuss: Career Path Relevance of PR What we Do Challenges and Changes in the Industry Where that Leaves you Started at 27 Worked at Fairweather in Retail – was really good Than worked in the office Was good at identifying opportunities She is good at selling ideas Started with just PR ; now A LOT of services – full service agency With new clients, its never cookie cutter approach, need to fully understand what they want and build a relationships Advertising: you pay for your product or service to be featured; pr: other ppl want to feature – isn’t just media She is a no BS girl – gives it to you straight Its important for her to keep her clients and give the best she can If you ever do something wrong, eg lose a client – ask for feedback! Why brands come to us: extension of their brands, ambassadors, strong relationships, passionate and dedicated, results-focused, high tough, creativity and ideas, reporting, polish You must stand out and have a point of view Media coverage (totally changed over the years – social media) clients priorities and focus haven’t changed; party planning (isn’t always producing the whole thing, takes part of an event); brand launches; show room; social media; experiential’ store launch; fashion show planning; new media (challenges and changes); taste makers (can be paid like ambassadors, “I’ll know who I am when I know who im not” no one needs you until you make yourself valuable Fashion Art and Fierceness Gender as Performance - part of our behavior - 1997 Mac campaign – male wearing mac cosmetics 1. Aesthetic regime 2. Is fashion art? 3. Fashion and fierceness – 1. Tina Turner 2. Lady Gaga Aesthetic Regime What are aesthetics? 1. Social construction of visual appearance 2. Shared in a cultural and historic moment (Has the ability to shift – changes through time, as well changes between cultures_ 3. Style Is a nuanced articulation of aesthetics There normally is one dominant type of aesthetic that will dominate; an aesthetic regime – the thing that makes up the beauty ideal What is seen as beautiful drives industry rules, standards etc pressure to follow – it is seen to be legitimate controlled by leaders: anna, designers change the aesthetic regime by introducing new things – but only added if legitimized by the gate keepers processs of transformation 1. challenge the status quo 2. controversy 3. acceptanc
More Less

Related notes for FSN 232

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit