RSM100 Final Exam Practice Questions
1. What are the 4 purposes of goal setting?
2. What are the hierarchy of plans?
a. Corporate-level strategies 1) Identify the ways a business will compete in its
chosen line of
b. Functional strategies 2) Identify the basic courses of action each
department in the firm
c. Business-level strategies 3) Indentifies the various businesses that a company
will be in, and
how these businesses will relate to each
4. Identify each as either corporate-level or business-level.
a. ___________ horizontal integration
b. ___________ differentiation strategy
c. ___________ focus strategy
d. ___________ product development
e. ___________ cost leadership
f. ___________ vertical integration
g. ___________ concentration strategy
h. ___________ investment reduction
i. ___________ diversification
j. ___________ geographic expansion
k. ___________ market penetration
5. Disney’s correction with launching its second ship, taking into consideration of the
schedule and environment under which it may change its strategy is an example of:
a. Crisis management
b. Environmental analysis
c. SWOT analysis
d. Contingency planning
80. All of the following are examples of programs that enhance job satisfaction and morale
a. Individual management
b. Reinforcement/behavior modification theory
c. Participative management
d. Job enrichment and redesign
e. Modified work schedules
81. Reinforcement is known as the controlling and modifying employee behavior through the
a. Periodic rewards on a given interval or season.
b. Systematic rewards and punishments for specific behaviors.
c. Systematic promotion and demotion of positions.
d. Periodic rewards and punishments for specific behaviors.
e. Systematic rewards and suspensions for specific behaviors.
82. The strategy of management by objectives is concerned with:
a. Collaborative idea gathering and focusing attention on lower management.
b. Increasing employees’ job satisfaction by giving them a voice in how they do their jobs
and how the company is managed.
c. Allowing employees to have decision-making responsibility for certain narrow activities.
d. Collective goal setting that extends from the top of an organization to its bottom.
e. Increasing employees’ job satisfaction by extending or adding motivating factors such as
responsibility or growth.
83. Investors Group Financial Services has used ____________ for many years to motivate
its sales force in selling financial services.
a. Job enrichment and redesign
b. Modified work schedules
c. Management by objectives
d. Participative management
e. Team management