ACC 100 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Retained Earnings

119 views4 pages
ACC 100- Week 3- Chapter 3
Introduction to Accounts
How to name a business
- consider using expert help
- pick a name that explains what your business it about
- number and initials are a bad idea
- stay away from long and confusing names
- check to make sure it is not already trademarked
- want to be able to use the business name as the website domain name, so keep it short
Common Account Names
Asset Accounts
Cash
- owned
- future benefit
- received by past transaction
Accounts Receivable
- right to get cash
- in the future
- from past sale
- sell on account (+)
collect cash (-)
- when the sell their product, they are not given cash but promised it in the future
(selling on account), when they get the cash from the customer, their assets will
decrease by amount collected
Prepaid Expense
- future expense
- asset that will become and expense
- ex. You pay $120 for a magazine subscription; the magazines are not an expense until you
receive them because then you are getting what you paid for
- ex. Paig ret for et oth’s use of spae, paig for a ad that ill oe out i et
oth’s issue
- get future right (assets increase +)
use up the right (assets decrease -)
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Pick a name that explains what your business it about. Number and initials are a bad idea. Stay away from long and confusing names. Check to make sure it is not already trademarked. Want to be able to use the business name as the website domain name, so keep it short. Sell on account (+) collect cash (-) When the sell their product, they are not given cash but promised it in the future (selling on account), when they get the cash from the customer, their assets will decrease by amount collected. You pay for a magazine subscription; the magazines are not an expense until you receive them because then you are getting what you paid for. Pa(cid:455)i(cid:374)g re(cid:374)t for (cid:374)e(cid:454)t (cid:373)o(cid:374)th"s use of spa(cid:272)e, pa(cid:455)i(cid:374)g for a(cid:374) ad that (cid:449)ill (cid:272)o(cid:373)e out i(cid:374) (cid:374)e(cid:454)t (cid:373)o(cid:374)th"s issue. Get future right (assets increase +) use up the right (assets decrease -)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers