FSN 123 Chapter Notes - Chapter 7: Mossimo, Disney Store, Princeton Charter Club

37 views1 pages
11 Dec 2012
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Collection: used to describe an expensive line in us or europe. Role of merchandiser: channels creativity of designer so that it fits within the six rights of merchandising . Right merchandise, right price, at the right time, in the right place, in the right quantity with the right promotion. Role of designer: sketching the design or garment. Role of producer: three types of producers; apparel manufacturer (involves production), apparel jobber (handles designing, planning and purchasing, etc. but not actual sewing) and apparel contractor (sole function to supply sewing services) National/designer brands: brands owned by a manufacturer that advertises them nationally (i. e. fruit of loom, levis, reebook, hanes, revlon) Private labels: own by a retailer and found only in its stores (i. e. mossimo at target, Jaclyn smith at kmart, charter club line at macys) Retail store brand: name of chain that is used as the exclusive label on most items in store (i. e. gap, ann taylor, victoria secret)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers