MGMT 1000 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Personal Information Protection And Electronic Documents Act, Consumer Protection, Corporate Social Responsibility

25 views4 pages

Document Summary

Individual ethics: definitions i. ii. iii. iv. Ethics-beliefs about what is right and wrong or good and bad. Ethical behaviour-behaviour that conforms to individual beliefs and social norms about what is right or good. Unethical behaviour-behaviour that individual beliefs and social norms define as wrong and bad. Def. -the standards of behaviour that guide individual managers in their work. Behaviour can be classified in three broad categories: behaviour toward employees a. b. Important ethical questions regarding issues like hiring and firing, wages and working conditions, and privacy. Three step model to systematically apply ethical judgements: gather the relevant factual information, determine the most appropriate moral values, four common ethical norms i. ii. iii. iv. Caring-is it consistent with people"s responsibilities to each other: make an ethical judgement based on the rightness or wrongness of the proposed activity or policy, encouraging ethical behaviour in organizations i. Factors causing individuals to behave in unethical ways: pressure, opportunity, rationalization ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers