PS276 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Online Analytical Processing, Biculturalism, Impression Management

60 views9 pages
10 Aug 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Puberty and identity development: biological, cognitive, and social changes of puberty affect identity. E. g. colouring hair, losing weight, etc. can make one feel as though personality has changed as well: physical changes of puberty may prompt fluctuations in self-image and re-evaluation of the self. Cognitive change and identity development: adolescence thinking in systematic ways about hypothetical events, manifested in two ways with implications for identity development: Imagining possible selves: various identities adolescent might imagine for themselves. Increase in future orientation: ability/tendency to consider potential consequences of decisions/choices. Social roles and identity development: choices/decisions made about school, work, relationships, and future provoke questions about self, preparing for future raise questions about identity. Link traits that describe themselves to specific situations rather than using as global characterization: e. g. I"m nice vs. i"m nice if i"m in a good mood . Self-descriptions take into account who is doing the describing; distinguish between own opinions of themselves and views of others.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers