HRM 2600 Chapter 4: HRM Chapter 4

121 views8 pages

Document Summary

Job grp of related activities & duties clear/distinct to min misunderstanding/conflict: natural units of work that are related + similar, position diff duties and resp performed by only 1 employee (i. e. reference librarian) Job fam gro of indv jobs w similar characteristics (i. e. recruitment/selection/compensation. Job specification statement of knowledge/skills/abilities required of a person performing the job: basis for attracting qualified/unqualified applicants. In the past, job specification discriminated different types of group/people (i. e. firefighter must be 6 , etc: provide job descriptions for the job and select best candidates based on that. If jobholders have some discrepancies w any of the ksa they receive job training: prepare employees for advancement to jobs where their capacities can be utilized to fullest extent. Legal compliance: systematic collection of job data ensures that job"s duties match its job description, criteria = vague/non job related = employers are accused of discrimination. Job design reflects subjective opinions about the ideal requirements of a job.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers