Philosophy
Course
PHIL 1070
Professor
svetelj
Semester
Fall

Description
Book I Some good, good for itself, others good for their consequences We are looking for whatever is good in itself Need a science to organize all these goods together, political science Happiness It is an Activity – have to go do something, cannot wait Activity of the rational part of the soul By exercising best part of soul will be virtuous and by virtuous you will be happy Must doe this over a complete life Can never say you have a happy life because do not know what will happen next Can only tell once the person’s life is complete Do what your supposed to do and try to go deeper, and don’t say you are already done Says we need external goods Otherwise we will not have a happy life because we are continuously struggling to live Can’t be happy if they cannot use reason Virtue is a divine gift ­> requires work, cannot explain, what ever we invest  the income is smaller than the outcome Happy and virtuous person will always act in the same way, it is a second nature 10/23/13 Book I (pg 14) happy person will always do best What does h
More Less

Related notes for PHIL 1070

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit