KINE 120 Chapter Notes - Chapter 8: Dietary Reference Intake, Legal Drinking Age, Dietary Fiber

55 views7 pages

Document Summary

These nutrients are responsible for the growth, repair, and maintenance of all tissues, the regulation of body processes, and providing energy: macronutrients, provide energy in the form of calories. Includes carbohydrates, fats, and proteins: micronutrients, regulate bodily functions such as metabolism, growth, and cellular development. In 1980 the dietary guidelines for americans was published as a scientific health pro(cid:373)otio(cid:374) atte(cid:373)pti(cid:374)g to redu(cid:272)e a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s risk for (cid:272)hro(cid:374)i(cid:272) diseases through diet and physical activity: the usda and dhhs republish these guidelines every five years. Insoluble fiber: does not dissolve easily in water and cannot be digested by the body, reduces the risk of colon cancer. These foods i(cid:374)(cid:272)lude candy, cakes, jellies, and sodas: fats, the (cid:271)od(cid:455)"s pri(cid:373)ar(cid:455) sour(cid:272)e of e(cid:374)erg(cid:455, fats essential functions include: I(cid:374)(cid:272)rease a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s risk for heart disease a(cid:374)d colorectal cancer: trans fat, typically does not occur naturally in plant or animal products, fried foods and store bought sweets have high amounts of trans fat.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers