GMS 200 Chapter Notes - Chapter 11: Proxemics, Ethnocentrism, Transformational Leadership

33 views7 pages
lily.dilaudo and 39833 others unlocked
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
GMS 200 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
24 documents

Document Summary

The nature of leadership (leadership and power, leadership and vision and leadership as service) Leadership the process of inspiring others to work hard to accomplish important task leading(management function) builds commitments and enthusiasm for people to apply their talents to help accomplish plans. Positional power (reward power, coercive power, legitimate power) Reward power is the capacity to offer something of value as a means of influencing other people. Influence through rewards which can be incentives such as pay raises, bonuses, promotions, special assignments, written or verbal compliments (if you do what i ask, i will give you a reward. ) Coercive power is the capacity to punish or withholds positive outcome as means of influencing other people. Influence through punishment such as verbal reprimand, pay penalties, termination. (if you don"t do what i ask, i will punish you) Legitimate power is the capacity to influence other people by virtue of formal authority, or the rights of office.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers