HRM 2600 Chapter Notes - Chapter 12: Legal Intoxicant, Alcoholism
DepartmentHuman Resources Management
Course CodeHRM 2600
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Health and Safety – duties of employers/workers/supervisors
Duties of Employers
• Provide a hazard free workplace.
• Comply with statutes and regulations.
• Inform employees about OH&S regulations.
• Keep records and summaries.
• Ensure supervisors and employees are familiar with hazards.
• Report any accidents that cause injury and death.
Duties of Workers
• Comply with all applicable acts and legislation.
• Report hazardous conditions and defective equipment.
• Follow all employer H&S rules, including the use of protective
• The right to refuse unsafe work.
Duties of Supervisors
• Advise employees of potential workplace hazards.
• Ensure that workers use or wear safety equipment, devices and
• Provide written instruction where applicable.
• Take every reasonable precaution to guarantee the safety of
Methods for creating a safe work environment
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version