MKT 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Online Advertising, Digital Marketing, Telemarketing
Course CodeMKT 304
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
• To inform
• To persuade
• To remind
• Introduce a new product
• Communicate how your product creates customer value
• Build brand image
• Explain how something works
• Inform about a price change
• Compare to your competitors (aka attack advertising)
• Build brand preference
• Encourage switching to your brand
• Convince consumers to tell others about your brand
• Convince customers to purchase more
• Maintain that relationship with your customer
• Remind customers where to buy
• Remind customers when to buy
• Keep brand in the mind of consumers.
Any direct communication to consumer designed to generate a purchase, a request for further
info and to visit the store or company website.
1. The use of marketing to collect, analyze and interpret info about your consumers,
2. Direct targeting (through the use of the info collected in step 1) of consumers.
Key forms of Direct Marketing
o Direct mail
o Digital marketing: emails, social media, online advertising
Promotion is all about communication.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version