- There won’t be anything on the Broadcast chapter we skipped.
1. What are the six elements of new?
a. SiLoBaTi + UnFa → significant, local, balanced, timely, unusual, famous
2. Which of the following are usually good ways to generate news for your organization?
a. Public Issues
c. Making Predictions about Stock Market
d. Personnel Announcements
3. (T/F) Some journalists prefer to receive news fact sheets instead of press releases.
4. A news fact sheet provides the 5 W’s?
f. + How
5. In addition to providing the 5 W’s which else are included in a news brief?
a. A Thought Provoking Question
b. Contact Information
c. Quote with Attribution
d. Benefit to Readers
6. (T/F) A media alert, also know as a media advisory, is to alert journalists about an
upcoming something for an organization
7. (T/F) There are strict format for media advisories
8. (T/F) A story idea memo, also know as a tip sheet, is used to invite journalists to develop
feature stories to write stories about interesting people in the organization.
9. Providing journalists with tip sheets on a regular basis usually results in the following:
a. An irritated Journalist that doesn’t want to open your emails
b. A strong relationship with the journalist
10. (T/F) 10 words is the average length of a lead 11. (T/F) News style is characterized as short paragraphs the enhance readability
12. What is capitalized?
- Iowa State University will host President Barack Obama on Nov. 15.
- The private investigator, Sherlock Holmes, will look into the case.
- How old is Queen Elizabeth?
- John Smith, is captain of the football team.
13. (T/F) A full sentence, direct quote or a multiple sentence quote should start a new paragraph
14. (T/F) In some circumstances, a quotations can be attributed to the organization.
15. Which of the following shows correct attribution?
- Joe Jones said, “I arrived at noon.”
- Mary Moore said, “She new nothing - absolutely nothing about the fraud”
- “If I had it to do over,” Mike said, “I never would have taken the first drink.”
16. Which of the following sentences are written with objectivity?
- Majority Scientists believe that climate change is real
- Apple Inc. makes products that are better than its competitors
17. Precision is crucial in PR Writing, will these things h