MHR 405 Chapter Notes - Chapter 3: Social Identity Theory, Confirmation Bias, Social Perception

22 views7 pages

Document Summary

Examine how people perceive themselves their self-concept and how that self- perception affects their decisions and behavior. Focus on perceptions in organizational settings, beginning with how we select, organize, and interpret information, and then reviewing several specific perceptual processes such as stereotyping, attribution, and self-fulfilling prophecy. Then identify potentially effective ways to improve perceptions, such as corporate volunteering. An individual"s self-beliefs and self-evaluations who am i? and how do i. Feel about myself? that people ask themselves and guide their decisions and actions: relationships, values and beliefs, work and hobbies. Compare our images with our current (perceived self) and desired (ideal self) images of ourselves. good fit with that job. Evaluate our current and desired competencies to determine whether there is a. How people perceive themselves helps to explain their attitudes, motivation, decisions, and behavior in the workplace. They influence a person"s well-being, behavior and performance.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers