- All Subjects
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Homework Help for Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineering is the design, building and maintenance of electrical control systems, machinery and equipment.
- Academic integrity
Who can help with this Project for money?
ECE 412/512: Hybrid Electric Vehicle Drives
In this course, other than the laboratory experiments and reports, each student has to
submit a major design project in a group of 2 or 3 students. This design project has 20% of
the course grade. Passing the major design project report is mandatory to receive a passing
grade in the course.
In this design project, an electric motor drive will be designed. At the beginning of this
project, each group must select an aspect of motion control application in the context of
hybrid electric or electric vehicles from the list given. Selected application must be
researched from literature survey, which will determine the power level at which the design
is to be done. The following steps are to be followed:
1. Select an electric motor technology (DC, three-phase induction, single-phase induction,
switched reluctance, brush-less DC, or permanent magnet synchronous machine) for the
2. Market potential for the selected application of motor drives must be investigated.
3. Based on the selected application, define the load for the motor drive.
4. Ratings of the system must be selected from given practical models available
commercially. Parameters and equivalent circuits for the selected application must be
5. A closed-loop power electronic driver for the machine must be modeled and simulated.
Based on the given application and mechanical load characteristics, analysis of the
drivers must be presented in detail.
6. Datasheets available from electric machine manufacturers or experimental setups in the
laboratory can be used.
7. Designed system must be tested for different practical load conditions defined by the
selected application. Different performance characteristics of the designed system must
8. Comprehensive simulations of the complete system including the electrical source,
power electronic driver, electric machine, and mechanical load must be provided to
verify the performance of the designed system. Based on the simulation results, the
design should be modified and updated.
9. After this stage, students must look at the available components and datasheets from
companies and vendors and provide the practical design of the system. At this stage,
students should address realistic constraints and implementation issues such as cost,
packaging, manufacturability, reliability, thermal management, sustainability, and safety.
Advantages of the final designs must be presented.
The designed system must be modeled and justified based on the application requirements
and cost competitiveness. After modeling the entire system including the electrical source
and mechanical load, students must use one of the following software packages for
comprehensive simulations: PSIM, Simplorer, Maxwell, Saber, Pspice, or Matlab/Simulink.
PSIM software is highly recommended since it is very easy to use for power electronics and
electric machines simulations. You can download the full version of PSIM from the link
provided on blackboard. You can also use the full version of PSIM in the Grainger Power
Electronics and Motor Drives Laboratory. Other software packages are also available in the
laboratory. Pick one of the following Projects:
1. Develop a closed loop speed control for a DC series motor in servo applications.
a. Develop a power electronic controller for the motor including gate drive for
an auxiliary drive.
b. For a non-zero load torque, show that if you change the commanded speed
from 0 to 500rpm to 1000rpm and then 250 rpm, your controller can
c. Replace the DC series motor with a DC shunt motor and compare
performance of the two motor drive systems.
2. Develop a model for Field Oriented Control of Induction motor using Space Vector
Modulation for a compressor.
a. Implement a three-phase power electronic converter
b. Implement vector control including SVPWM towards speed control of the
c. Show that you can control the (measured) shaft speed of the motor at a
constant speed of 1200 rpm, even if you vary the load torque
3. Develop a closed loop speed control of Switched Reluctance Motor for traction.
a. Select the necessary voltage input for your motor
b. Develop a full-bridge or asymmetric bridge power electronic converter
including gate drive for a 6/4 or 8/6 SRM
c. Plot inductance for each phase in the machine
d. Show that you can control the (measured) shaft speed of the motor at a
constant speed of 1000 rpm, even if you vary the load torque
4. Develop a model for digital control of PMSM/BLDC motor for a pump.
a. Select the necessary voltage input for your motor
b. Develop a power electronic converter including gate drive for a three-phase
c. Show that if you change the speed from 0 to 1000rpm to 2500rpm and then
1250 rpm, your speed controller can track it. Term Project Proposal
• Your project proposal should include four elements:
• What you plan to do (title and objective);
• Why you want to do this work (background on your proposal, why you think this is an
important topic and what improvement/analysis you want to take on);
• How you plan to accomplish your goals (method, software you plan to use, references you
Midterm project report
The following sections are expected (no particular format required for the report):
• Simulation results (steps taken so far, milestones with simulation snapshots, and/or
• Conclusion (based on your study so far)
• Future work
Final Project Submission
Final presentations for the term projects will take place in the last week of the semester on
Zoom during your regular lab sessions. You need to upload the following on blackboard as a
single zip file.
1) Powerpoint that takes no more than 10 minutes to present
2) Your fully complete final report (either pdf or Word format)
3) Simulation file in its original format
4) Bill of material
Problem 4 - (15-Points) Suppose that the incandescent light bulb is used for lighting
whose efficiency is 0.034 . (a) Also suppose that we provide 400000 J of energy in an
hour to produce 45 Wh of energy in a power plant that uses coal. Calculate the efficiency
of the power plant. (b) Suppose that the transmission lines that use to transmit electric
energy to the houses looses 8 % of the electric energy on the way to houses. What is the
efficiency transmission lines? (c) Calculate the total eficiency of the electric system from
power plant upto including incandescent light bulb. (d) Suppose that for such system,
100W of elctrical energy is supplied, how much energy will be used and lost in kWh?
In this lab, we will use the 4-bit adder IC 7483 to construct and test a 1-bit, and a 4-bit adder.
- Introducing IC 7483
- Figure 1 shows the pin configuration of Adder IC 7483. Read the IC data sheet, to identify the inputs and outputs the IC. Then fill the blanks writing the pins functions. Please type you answer.
- Get a Booster Class
- Get college credits
- Transfer credits to your school
- We updated the core navigation of the site.
- We updated our settings and notifications.
- We updated our search experience.
- New Study Guides.