Homework Help for Project Management
Project Management is the application of knowledge, methods and techniques to achieve goals and specific objectives according to an acceptance criteria, parameters and time.
Perform a financial analysis for a project. Assume that the projected costs and benefits for this project are spread over four years as follows:
Estimated costs are $300,000 in Year 1 and $ 30,000 each year in Years 2, 3, and 4.
Estimated benefits are $0 in Year 1 and $120,000 each year in Years 2, 3, and 4.
Use a 9 percent discount rate, and round the discount factors to two decimal places.
What is the discount factor in year 4? (Keep your answer in two decimal places. e.g. 0.75)
Earlier this week, we had a group exercise where you asked questions in order to define the requirements for a charity project. Your final is based on the case and those requirements. Some of the objectives were:
• Contact to the right people need help.
• Plan for charity event within the budget
• Prepare logistics • Organize 1-day event to attract more than 100 people.
Assume that you have been hired for this project. Please answer these questions:
• Based on the case and the results of the requirement gathering, list at least 10 main activities for this project in an activity precedence diagram. Make sure that your activities will meet the objectives. When you finish, you will have at least 3 paths (one critical path and at least 2 non-critical paths).
• Provide an activity duration table that includes optimistic, likely, pessimistic, and estimated time (TE). Be sure to include the formula you used to calculate TE. You will have to come up with your own 'likely' duration estimate.
• From that activity duration table, draw a project activity network (using AON) with task durations.
• Provide the path and duration for all paths. Indicate which one is the critical path. • Add forward pass and backward pass to your activity duration table
• How much slack is available in the noncritical paths?
• Name at least 3 potential risks for this project. What can you do to mitigate those risks?
Which of the following are potentially valid arguments for tariffs or export subsi- dies, and which are not? Explain your answers. a. “Earnings of Dairy producers in Wales are at their lowest peak despite an overall rise in farm business incomes.” b. “The more ecologically certified food products the EU requires, the higher the price of these products will be on common market.” c. “U.S. soybean exports to China and India don’t just mean increased wealth for farmers–they mean increased wealth for everyone in the value chain.” d. “The PET industry continued to sustain US recycling programs; this shows the strength of the PET recycling market in the face of significant global economic slowdown and a drop in virgin feedstock prices.” e. “The price of coal has been stable, but the production dropped 10.3 percent, and workers have been forced to look for other jobs
To reduce greenhouse gases and pollutant emissions, the project requires installation of new solar system with capacity of 100KWh electricity per day in a designated site.This project was selected to be evaluated due to it sustainability aspect. It is also in line with Australian government’s policy to focus more on renewable energy in addressing environmental impact of climate change.It is required to focus on cost consideration, estimate cash-flow items both inflows and outflow for each alternative. The bases of estimations for estimates should be given. It is required to decide about interest rate, project life, and other parameters that can affect economic analysis in this activity and apply one of the evaluation techniques to evaluate each alternative and select the best one.Guidelines for writing project reportPart A:1)Develop the total project cost as well as providing clear work breakdown structures (WBS).2)Provide details of any assumptions made if needed.
Write 11 pages with APA style on Effect of Social Networks on Communication Management. Fifteen to twenty five journal articles by different scholars of the world were reviewed by the researcher. The results revealed that social media has an effect on both organizational and public communication management. Social media therefore has an influence on both the company and public communication.
Over the last two decades, social media has become the most used form of communication in the world. Different scholars and researchers of the world attribute this fact to the vast growth and development of technology of the world that has not only expanded public communication but also expanded the organizational communication. internal and external by providing an adequate platform through which communication takes place (Leornardi et.al, 2013). Social media has a direct impact on the organizational strategies. For instance, use of social media directly impacts on the marketing strategies as well as the advertising strategies of the different companies of the world. Different scholars of the world argue that even though social media platform has been criticized for erosion of privacy in the different organizations, it has brought the customers closer to the products and further enhanced productivity of the different companies of the world through enhanced employee-employee communication (Iyengar et.al, 2012).
The discussion surrounding the effects of social media is among the most recent in the field of communication. Having emerged not long ago, social media has revolutionized the communication means (Keyton, 2011). It has further taken part in transformation of the world into a global village. The speed at which information travels from one location to another in this present day has been improved by far. Following the increased interaction between people, organizations and even people and organization, commercial activities such as trade have further grown and expanded (Leornadi et.al, 2014)
The “Mezan” brand (Cooking Oil) was nationally launched in 2008 through the most iconic media advertising campaign of the category.
The company has decided to implement Lean Synchronization at full scale. They have hired you as a consultant to mentor the entire transition from traditional FMCG manufacturers to Lean Manufacturers. The requirements are
- No Quality Compromise
- No Stock-out at any stage of value chain
You are asked to draft a proposal you would recommend Mezan Cooking Oil group for fully lean implementation.
- Your draft must be based on the wastage Control mechanism (Use Seven Waste of Lean) and 7S of operations.
- Do mention the barrier in fully lean implementation in context to the wastages. Which of the wastages must be focused and which would not be complied keeping the requirement of Mezan.
- What benefits do you mention for Mezan in your proposal?
The Quack R&D team believes that it is equally likely that the launch costs of Symilin for obesity could be 400mn or 200mn (probability of each of these cases is 50%). Now suppose Quack could conduct a separate analysis to accurately estimate the launch costs of Symilin for obesity before the beginning of Phase 1. What is the maximum cost that Quack should incur to conduct such an analysis?